Friday, September 21, 2007

Clustering #3

The idea I really want to pursue further, though, is to make a professional-level 3D animation (so that I could showcase it in my portfolio and hopefully acquire a job upon graduating). I've been working on the character for it for the past month, and he is nearly complete and ready for animation. Perhaps in a later post, I'll upload rendered images of my character (if anyone is interested in seeing him).

My largest roadblock with this idea is making it better fit the definition of New Media (even though there is no concrete definition for the term). As I still have to do the "Definition of New Media" assignment, I'll wait and try to fit an animation into the definition later. Regardless, I still thought up a few things I could do in order to make the animation more "New Media", such as allowing everyone the ability to write its story (by setting up a system online where authors could insert plot points they would like to see, and rank other people's ideas from excellent to horrible, so that the best ideas, as chosen by everyone, end up making it to the animation). I don't have much else for ideas at the moment, though, but perhaps after doing some more brainstorming assignments something else will pop into my head.

My cluster for "Animation" is below. Sadly, it didn't help me too much for ideas yet, but I might return to it again later.

No comments: