Sunday, November 11, 2007

Multi-Technique Animation

So I came up with a new capstone idea. It's currently up for reviews and suggestions in the Pool. Hopefully it's not torn apart too much, because I really want to get working on it soon (capstone presentations are at the end of February, which is not even four months away! Why are the presentations so much earlier this year than in previous years?!). This is how I described my intent in the Pool:

I intend on creating a short animated story that incorporates many different types of animation techniques and styles into one piece. Some of these include, but are not limited to: 3D computer animation, 1920s-era black-and-white silent cartoons, Golden Age cartoons (eg. Looney Tunes), claymation, Japanese-style, vector, etc.

The story goes roughly as follows: the main character, originally 3D-computer animated, soon finds himself lost in a 1920s-style cartoon, and it becomes his objective to try to get back home to the medium which he belongs.

This piece will allow me to experiment with a vast number of styles, and play around with interesting transitions between two different styles. It also gives me the opportunity to be creative and try to devise new and innovative styles.

No comments: