Sunday, November 11, 2007

BumpList

During our discussion last week (I was presenting my media proposal and simulation for Anarchy MUD), Jon sent me two links to websites that might help me flesh out that idea more. If I end up switching over to the animation, these links wouldn't matter too much, but I'll post about them anyways. The first one is for BumpList.

BumpList is, as the website describes it, "an email community for the determined". It is essentially an open forum that anyone can join and post to, as long as they have a valid email address, but there's a catch: BumpList can only hold six subscriptions (Or is it five? The website gave both numbers. Perhaps it changed to allow one or two more after a while). What this means is that when a new person subscribes to the forum, the oldest subscription is removed so that the list only has six people. If that person who was bumped wants to post again, he/she would need to resubscribe.

Unfortunately, the forum seems to be down until they find a new server, and the last date mentioned on the website was in 2004, so I don't think it will come back, but the idea behind the website fits one of the principles behind Anarchy MUD, and so is something to take note of.

1 comment:

Jonah Brucker-Cohen said...

Bumplist is now back online http://www.bumplist.net